Thank you for choosing DESK
DESK takes a holiday – sort of. DESK moves to summer hours on July 13, 2015. Starting that week DESK will be open 7:30- 3:30 only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week until the end of August 21, 2015.
The link to DESK’s host site for courses has changed its URL from http://sd8.bcln.ca to http://sd8.knowplace.ca
If you are having trouble logging in please use the:
August Government Exams
All exams are at 811 Stanley Street, Nelson, BC. Non DESK students will need picture ID and their PEN. It is always a good idea to show up a few minutes early.
Monday, August 10, 2015
English 12 – 9-11am
Science 10 – 1-3 pm
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
English 10 – 9-11 am
Communications 12 – 9-11 am
Foundations of Math and Pre-calculus 10 – 1-3 pm
A&W Math 10 1-3 pm
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Social Studies 11 – 9-11 am
BC First Nations Studies 12 9-11 am
Please note: In general iPads aren’t great for online learning. They have difficulty with FLASH, which is very prevalent in online courses.
Graduated Adult Learner
Graduated Adult Learners (adults who are 20 years of age or older as of July 1, 2015, AND who have graduated from secondary school) Notice: As of May 1st, 2015, adult upgrade courses will no longer be subsidized by the Ministry and a non refundable course fee of $600.00 per course will be charged. Adults in upgrade courses already, may complete them for free.
For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour 250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
The K-7 program is now full but staff may be added if the need is there. Contact Leslie Swanson for inquires.
The DESK Grade 8 and Grade 9 full time program is now taking applications for the 2015/2016 School Year. Please call Carlene at (250) 505-7032 for a registration package.
Cross enrolled (part-time) 8’s and 9’s program is now full.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency