Thank you for choosing DESK
Please note: Although DESK has been deemed a 12 month school and thus not subject to job action the teachers’ strike has had some effects. Our ‘protection’ under the LRB ruling expires on September 2, 2014. If teacher job action continues our teachers will be on job action too. Assignments will not get marked until the job action is over.
For secondary courses (10-12) please use the above registration link(s). For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour (250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
DESK K-9′s program is now taking full time registrations for the 2014-2015 school year which starts in September 2014.
If you have a student, K-9, wishing to enroll please contact Ms. Leslie Swanson (k-7) – 250-505-7022 or Ms. Janet Stephenson (8-9) – 250-505-7025 prior to June 27th, 2014.
The Grade 8 and Grade 9 students at DESK follow a personalised learning plan using a combination of online and paper resources and materials. Students meet regularly online at a virtual classroom, and face to face at a variety of events scheduled over the year.
Applications are being accepted up to June 27th, 2014 for the September 2014 school year.
After June 27th, 2014 please contact 250 354-4311 or 1-800-663-4614 to have a registration package emailed to you.
DESK is having a contest on our Facebook page. Like our page for a chance to win an Ipod Shuffle. To be entered in the contest, like our page; share the contest details on your wall; and write a comment in the comment section.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency