Thank you for choosing DESK
Attention all students.
DESK will close December 19th, 2014 and reopen January 5th, 2015 for a Christmas break.
Please note: Chemistry 11 and Chemistry 12 and Physics 11 are completely full and we can no longer accept registrations at this time. Precalculus 12 is also full until further notice.
For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour (250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
DESK 8-9 program for full time students is now full. Phone Janet Stephenson (250- 505-7025) for inquires.
The Grade 8 and Grade 9 students at DESK follow a personalised learning plan using a combination of online and paper resources and materials. Students meet regularly online at a virtual classroom, and face to face at a variety of events scheduled over the year.
The K-7 program is now full. Phone Leslie Swanson (250-505-7022) for inquires.
Cross enrolled 8’s and 9’s program is now full.
DESK is having a contest on our Facebook page. Like our page for a chance to win an Ipod Shuffle. To be entered in the contest, like our page; share the contest details on your wall; and write a comment in the comment section.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency