Thank you for choosing DESK
Please note: As of today, September 2, 2014, DESK teachers are on job action too. Assignments will not get marked until the job action is over and all new course
registration(s) will be suspended until the job action is settled.
For consulting about 10-12 courses or questions please call Ron Kilgour (250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
DESK K-9′s program is no longer taking full time registrations for the 2014-2015 school year which starts in September 2014 until the job action is settled.
The K-7 program was currently taking names for a waiting list but all classes are on hold until the job action is settled.
The Grade 8 and Grade 9 students at DESK follow a personalised learning plan using a combination of online and paper resources and materials. Students meet regularly online at a virtual classroom, and face to face at a variety of events scheduled over the year.
No classes will start until the job action is settled.
DESK is having a contest on our Facebook page. Like our page for a chance to win an Ipod Shuffle. To be entered in the contest, like our page; share the contest details on your wall; and write a comment in the comment section.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency