Thank you for choosing DESK
Attention all students.
Please note: Chemistry 11 and 12 are completely full and we can no longer accept registrations at this time. Precalculus 12 is also full until further notice.
Graduated Adult Learners Notice: As of May 1st, 2015, adult upgrade courses will no longer be subsidized by the Ministry and a course fee will be charged. Adults in upgrade courses at the time may complete them for free.
For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour (250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
DESK 8-9 program for full time students is now full. Phone Janet Stephenson (250- 505-7025) for inquires.
The Grade 8 and Grade 9 students at DESK follow a personalised learning plan using a combination of online and paper resources and materials. Students meet regularly online at a virtual classroom, and face to face at a variety of events scheduled over the year.
The K-7 program is now full. Phone Leslie Swanson (250-505-7022) for inquires.
Cross enrolled 8’s and 9’s program is now full.
DESK is having a contest on our Facebook page. Like our page for a chance to win an Ipod Shuffle. To be entered in the contest, like our page; share the contest details on your wall; and write a comment in the comment section.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency