Thank you for choosing DESK
The link to DESK’s host site for courses has changed its URL from http://sd8.bcln.ca to http://sd8.knowplace.ca
If you are having trouble logging in please use the:
Please note: In general iPads aren’t great for online learning. They have difficulty with FLASH, which is very prevalent in online courses.
If you have graduated high school and your birthday is before June 30th, 1997 you will need to pay a non-refundable course fee of $600.00 per course for additional courses you wish to take.
International course fee is $600.00 per course.
For Graduated Learners and International Students
Once payment has been processed it is non-refundable.
For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour 250-505-7011 or 250-354-4311- extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614 extension 7011.
The K-7 program, for the 2015-2016 school year is now full but is accepting registrations for the September 2016 -2017 School Year start date.
The DESK Grade 8 and Grade 9 full time program is no longer taking applications for the 2015/2016 School Year.
For more information or to request a Registration Package for the 2016-2017 school year:
Call Janet Stephenson (250) 505-7025
After June 29th call Toll Free 1800-663-4614 or (250) 354-4311
Cross enrolled (part-time) 8’s and 9’s program is now full.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency