Thank you for choosing DESK
The link to DESK’s host site for courses has changed its URL from http://sd8.bcln.ca to http://sd8.knowplace.ca
If you are having trouble logging in please use the:
Please note: In general iPads aren’t great for online learning. They have difficulty with FLASH, which is very prevalent in online courses.
If you have graduated high school and your birthday is before June 30th, 1996 you will need to pay a non-refundable course fee of $600.00 per course for additional courses you wish to take.
For Graduated Learners and International Students
Once payment has been processed it is non-refundable.
For consulting about 10-12 courses please call Ron Kilgour 250-5057011 or 250-354-4311 – extension 7011 or 1-800-663-4614extension 7011.
The K-7 program is now full. Registration will reopen in April 2016.
The DESK Grade 8 and Grade 9 full time program is no longer taking applications for the 2015/2016 School Year. Please call Carlene at (250) 505-7032 for a registration package.
Cross enrolled (part-time) 8’s and 9’s program is now full.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency